Fiverr is one of the best freelance websites for beginners with thousands of freelancers and clients. There is a wide variety of freelance jobs you can find on the platform. To start freelancing on Fiverr, you need to sign up, create a profile, create a gig, and then clients can start reaching out to you for your services. In this article, we will show you how you can start freelancing on Fiverr and make money online.
How Fiverr Works
Joining Fiverr as a freelancer is quite easy. Once you have signed up for a freelance account, you need to create a gig. A gig is a term that refers to the services a freelancer is offering and the charges therein. A gig can have different packages depending on the services the freelancer is selling. Buyers can choose from the services offered by the freelancer and hire them for their services, depending on their requirements.
How to Join Fiverr as a Freelancer
It is free to sign up on Fiverr. You need to sign up for a seller account with your skills set. Fiverr’s terms of service require all users to be above 18 years of age. By default, when you create an account on Fiverr, it will be a buyer’s account.
To sign up on Fiverr, click Join at the right top corner of the homepage. Enter your email address and click continue. Then choose your user name and provide a password. A verification link will be sent to your registered email. Open your email and click on the link. The link is valid for only 30 days. This way, you will have signed up for a Fiverr buyer account.
To become a seller on Fiverr, you need to click on your profile picture and from the dropdown menu, click om Become a Seller. You will be redirected to a page with videos on how to become a seller. Once you are done watching the videos, click Continue.
Then complete all the mandatory fields with accurate information. You will need to provide your skills, work experience, and training. After that, you can link your account with your social media channels. You will then need to enter your phone number and verify. Once you are done with that, the final process is to create a Gig.
How to Create an Appealing Fiverr Profile
To become a successful seller on Fiverr, you need to do the following:
- Ensure that your seller profile is 100% complete
- List and describe your services well in your Gig
- Provide work samples that are related to a particular gig
- Offer your clients extra services
- Show your clients that you understand their needs and how you can help them
What percentage does Fiverr take from sellers? When an order is successfully completed and delivered, sellers only get 80% of the project’s value. For instance, if you complete and deliver an order worth $10, you will get $8.
How to Withdraw Fiverr Balance
It is easy to withdraw funds from your Fiverr account. You can withdraw your Fiverr balance using PayPal, Payoneer, Bank transfer, Fiverr Revenue card, and Direct deposit.
- When withdrawing using PayPal, there are no charges and the minimum amount you can withdraw is $1.
- With Payoneer, you can withdraw a maximum of $5,000 and you can only make one withdrawal in 24 hours. There are no withdrawal charges from Fiverr’s side.
- You can withdraw money from Fiverr using Fiverr Revenue Card, powered by MasterCard. You can use the card for online shopping.
- You can also withdraw your Fiverr balance using a bank transfer powered by Payoneer. You will be charged $3 per withdrawal and additional fees may apply depending on your location and currency. The minimum withdrawal through this method is $20. Funds may take up to 7 business days.
Read more: Best freelance payment gateways.
Fiverr Payment Methods
Fiverr has several payments methods like:
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay
- Wire Transfer
Is Fiverr Good for Freelancers?
Fiverr is an excellent platform to start your freelancing career. It is good if you rely on your own expertise and sell services for areas you are experienced in. Otherwise, you may end up hurting your business. Offer high-quality services and this will help you get high ratings that will consequently help you get more buyers.
Is Fiverr Legitimate?
Yes. Fiverr is a legitimate freelance website for buyers and sellers. It is also a safe website that comes with an SSL certificate that protects your personal and billing information. They also have customer support that will help you resolve any issue within 24 hours.
You can use the following freelancing websites as alternatives to Fiverr:
Tips on How to Become a Successful Fiverr Seller
To succeed as a freelancer on Fiverr, use the following tips:
- Learn how to sell your skills. Show the client that you understand his needs and you can address them.
- Pay attention to feedback. Ensure that freelancers leave positive feedback with good ratings. Seek to offer high-quality services to get positive feedback from your clients.
- Maximize on your gigs and describe the services you offer with extras
- Send custom offers and buyer requests to your clients
Read also: Tips for successful freelancers.
Summary of How to Start Freelancing on Fiverr
Fiverr is a great platform to start your freelancing career. You can sell a wide category of skills and talents. There are many buyers from different categories and you can sell a wide variety of skills. You only need to sign up, create a seller account, create a profile and then create a Gig. You can then start sending custom offers to get your first buyer on Fiverr.