SiteGround has built a reputation over the years for best customer service, best web hosting services and fair pricing plans. This is a review of SiteGround web hosting. It was founded in 2004 in Bulgaria and they have now expanded their offices in Madrid, Spain. SiteGround is recommended by WordPress and WooCommerce. They offer varying web hosting services like shared, WordPress and cloud hosting services.
1. SiteGround Shared Hosting
Shared hosting is the most popular web hosting service. Shared hosting services are cheaper compared to other services. It is because you can host several websites on a single server and minimize the hosting costs. However, the disadvantage of hosting many websites on a single server is that if there is downtime, all your websites will be affected negatively.
Read also: Best web hosting companies.
2. SiteGround WordPress Web Hosting
SiteGround has an excellent WordPress web hosting service. They will help you to install and set up your website on WordPress, hence you don’t have to be a developer. You will enjoy automatic daily updates, page caching and staging. To get a discount, sign up for a one, two, or three-year plan.
3. SiteGround Managed Cloud Hosting
SiteGround has a robust cloud hosting infrastructure that incorporates multiple servers. It is a great choice since your site won’t go offline in case of power outages or traffic surges. It offers free databases and one year free SSL certificate. The following are the four managed cloud hosting services by SiteGround.
- Entry plan. It offers 4 CPU cores, 8GB memory, 40GB SSD space and 5TB data transfers. It costs $100 per month.
- Business plan. It offers 8 CPU cores, 12GB memory, 80GB SSD space and 5TB data transfers. It costs $200 per month.
- Business Plus plan. It offers 12 CPU cores, 16GB memory, 120GB SSD space and 5TB data transfers. It costs $300 per month.
- Super Power plan. It offers 16 CPU cores, 20GB memory, 160GB SSD space and 5TB data transfers. It costs $400 per month.
SiteGround Web Hosting Plans
SiteGround has three web hosting plans. Among them are StartUp, GrowBig and GoGeek. They differ in web space, pricing and monthly visitors.
- StartUp Plan. You can only host a single website and offers 10GB web space, one year free SSL certificate, unlimited email, free data backups. It is suitable for websites with less than 10,000 visitors in a month and it costs $14.99 a month. You can get a discount when you sign up for an annual plan for $6.99 per month while the renewal costs $14.99 per month.
- GrowBig Plan. You can host unlimited websites and offers 20GB web space, unlimited databases and site staging. It is suitable for websites with less than 25,000 monthly visitors and it costs $24.99 a month. You can get a discount when you sign up for an annual plan for $9.99 per month while renewal costs $24.99 per month.
- GoGeek Plan. You can host unlimited websites, offers 40GB web space while it is also fast. It is suitable if your website has over 100,000 monthly visitors and it costs $39.99 per month. It has additional tools and features which will help you to improve your web performance. You can get a discount when you sign up for an annual plan for $14.99 per month while the renewal costs $39.99 per month.
Read also: Dreamhost web hosting reviews.
1. Free SSL certificate and CDN
The SSL certificate is an indication that your site is secure and gives your visitors the trust to visit your site. If you are running an eCommerce store, then you need the SSL certificate. Websites with an SSL certificate are given some ranking advantage on Google.
SiteGround also offers a free Content Delivery Network (CDN) that helps store copies of your web across the world, thereby increasing the speed of your website.
2. Excellent Customer Support
SiteGround has the best customer support among all other web hosting companies. Their customer support is available 24/7 on live chat or phone. Live chat is the easiest way to reach them and get an answer in less than a minute.
3. High Uptime of 99.99%
SiteGround has an average of 99.99% uptime thereby ensuring that your website is available all the time. When signing up for their hosting, they guarantee you network uptime of 99.99% throughout the year and if they fail, you get free months of web hosting.
4. Unlimited custom emails
You can set up unlimited custom emails using your domain name. You also get databases for your emails and hence you can have as many emails as possible.
5. WordPress Migration
You can use a plugin to migrate your services from one hosting web service to SiteGround. This helps you to avoid a lot of manual work that is involved in site migration.
6. 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
Ultimately, SiteGround offers a 30-day money-back guarantee or shared hosting plans. This means that you have 30 days to test their services and determine if they are impressive for your website needs. For cloud hosting, you get a 15-day money-back guarantee. If you wish to terminate their services within 30 days, you will get a refund.
Read also: Bluehost web hosting reviews.
Cons of SiteGround
1. No Free domain
Most web hosting companies offer one free year domain name. However, SiteGround does not have this offer. You will be charged for a domain from the first time you sign up. Domain prices start from $13.95 per year.
2. Limited Plans
Unless you sign up for the GoGeek plan, you will be limited in the number of visitors to your website. You can sign up for the cheaper plan and at some point, you realize that it is limiting in terms of performance. As such, you and you may need to sign up for another plan as your website grows.
3. Fees on Professional Website Migration
You can use a free plugin to migrate your website to SiteGround. However, if you want professional website migration, you need to pay $30 to get a support agent to help you.
4. High Renewal Fees
Compared to their advertised prices when signing up for the first time, the renewal prices are extremely high. For instance, the startup plan that costs $6.99 per month has a renewal of $14.99.
Is SiteGround a Good Web Host?
Absolutely. SiteGround is reputable for its excellent customer service through live chat where you can expect a response to your question within a minute. Besides, it has high uptime and fast loading speed. You can use it for various needs like setting up a personal or a business website.