Fiverr is one of the best marketplaces to sell your skills online. There are a wide variety of skills you can sell through the platform. To start selling your skills on Fiverr, you first need to sign up for a freelance account on Fiverr. After that, you need to create a killer gig that gets you hired. In this article, are going to show you how to write a gig on Fiverr that gets you hired.
What is a Gig in Fiverr?
A Gig is a service you sell or offer that gives you a chance to showcase your skills and talent to potential buyers. You need to write a good Gig that gets you hired. A good Gig should provide potential buyers with all the information they need before they can place an order.
How to Create a Gig on Fiverr
To create a Gig on Fiverr, you must use a desktop. Fiverr app does not support creating a Gig. To create a Gig, login, click Switch to Selling, and then Gigs. Then click My Profile and then Create a New Gig. A good Gig should contain the following:
- Gig title. It should have a short description of the service you will be offering. It should have less than 80 characters.
- Gig category. This is a field for the services you will be offering. Some of the examples include Digital marketing, Writing and Translation, Video and animation, and programming.
- Service type. You need to choose a service type so that your Gig is visible on search results.
- Gig metadata. You need to select a relevant criterion for each topic. Not all topics require Gig metadata.
- Search tags. You can add up to 5 search tags. These are the keywords that buyers use to find your Gig. Ensure to optimize your Gig with the best keywords so that your Gig is visible on search results.
Read more: How to make money on Fiverr.
How to Set Prices for your Gig on Fiverr
Fiverr offers up to three different packages. You can have:
- Basic package
- Standard package
- Premium package
When pricing your package, it is good that you add the following:
- Name of your package. Get a title for each of your packages. Look for a catchy title for your packages.
- Package description. You need to explain what is in your package using 100 characters. Clearly describe the services you will be offering to your buyers.
- Delivery time. You need to tell the buyer how long it will take you to complete their project.
- Revisions. You need to tell the buyer how many times you can revise or alter their project. Premium packages have more revisions compared to basic packages.
- Price. You need to set a price for each package. You can set a price between $5 and $995. The basic package should have the lowest price while the premium package should have the highest price.
- Gig extras. You can add some more fees for extra services you would like to offer your clients. You also get a chance to choose extra services from a menu. Some of the extras you can add include Extra Fast delivery and Extra Services.
Description for your Gig
The other thing you need to do is describe your Gig. You can do so using 1,200 characters. Ensure that your Gig is detailed. Your description will help the buyers to know if your Gig meets their needs. Do not add contact details to your Gig.
You can add FAQs. Add questions that you think your buyers may ask. Then provide answers to those questions. To add FAQ:
- Click Add FAQ
- Provide an answer
- Click Add and then Save & Continue
The other thing you need to do is to add requirements that you need from the buyers before you can start working on their project. Therefore, you need to enter the details for your requirement. The answer type from your buyers can be:
- Free text. Buyers can provide answers in their own words.
- Multiple answers. Buyers select the answers from the options you have provided.
Add a Gallery or Video
The other thing you need to do is to add a gallery and videos to your Gig. A Gig must have at least one image. You can only upload files of up to 5GB size. Also, you must not use copyrighted images. Otherwise, your Gig won’t be approved by Fiverr.
For videos, they must not be longer than 75 seconds and must be less than 50 MB. For audio files, you can add MP3 and MPEG audio files. The audio file must not be longer than 3:30 minutes and should be less than 10 MB.
Publish your Gig
Once you are done fixing everything, the final thing that you need to do is to publish your Gig. After publishing, you can promote it through social media networks. You can edit your Gig in the future if need be. To do so:
- Login in and click Gigs
- Locate the Gig you want to edit
- Make the changes and then click Save
Summary of How to Create a Gig on Fiverr
For you to get hired on Fiverr, you need to create a Gig. With a good Gig, you can easily get hired. Make sure to optimize your Gig so that it is visible when buyers search. Also, add a standalone work portfolio that gives your buyers the confidence to hire you. You can also offer extra services to increase your chances of getting hired.