Fiverr, founded in 2010, is a marketplace that connects freelancers and sellers from all over the world. It is an excellent market place for freelancers wishing to sell their skills and expertise. Companies can also hire without having to go through the middlemen or HR. You can get quality work done at the best budget.
How to Create an Account on Fiverr
It is easy to create an account on Fiverr. You can join Fiverr using Facebook, Google Connect and Apple Connect or email to create a buyer account or a seller account. Click Join and then enter the Username. Then enter a password and click Join. You need to activate the account by clicking the link sent to your email. Make sure to also set up your profile picture.
You need to provide the following details when signing up for Fiverr.
- Your full name
- Languages you speak
- Your occupation
- Your skills
- Educational achievements
- Email address
- Phone number
Fiverr may require you to take writing skills tests. It takes around 40 minutes to complete the test. Scoring high in the tests is advantageous and can help you get easily buyers.
Read also: SimplyHired Reviews.
How Fiverr Works
It has become easy to sell the services of Fiverr. Once you have signed up for Fiverr account, you are ready to get started. To start applying for jobs, you need to create a new gig. A gig displays the services offered by a seller. You need to give your gig a title and pick the category to which it belongs. A gig title should have at most 80 characters. Fiverr can suggest a gig category for you, depending on the title you provided. Select a category that best fits your gig.
You also need to add search tags. Search tags are the terms that buyers are most likely to use when searching for a particular service. You need to research and find the specific terms that are used for particular services. There is a maximum of 5 tags, so make sure your search tags count.
The other step is setting up the price for your gig. When Fiverr started, gigs were selling for $5. However, sellers can now set their own prices for gigs. There are three packages for gigs; basic, standard and premium. You can also set other packages apart from the three. The basic package should have the least price, while the premium package should have the highest price. Set low prices when you are starting to get buyers. You can always change the price in the future. A package should be priced between $5 and $995.
You need to name and describe your package. It is also essential to state how long you will take to submit some work. It depends on the scope of the work. Also include the number of revisions you are willing to do on buyer's request.
Also, you need to establish gig requirements. This is where you request the necessary information to help you complete the work. You can ask the question in three ways,
- Free texts. You ask a question and the buyer can answer in the form of text messages.
- Multiple answers. You ask a question and give various choices from which the buyer will choose from.
- Attached file. This is where you request your buyer to upload a file with instructions.
With that, you can also add a photo, video, or PDF to your gig. Ensure that the file you use for your gig is relevant to the services you are offering. With that, you can publish your gig.
As a buyer, you need to look at the sample work by a freelancer and respective feedback given by other buyers. Then choose the package the best fits your budget and requirement. If you are impressed by a seller's gig, you can contact them by clicking "Contact Me" and place your order. Provide the freelancer with the necessary requirements for the work.
Fiverr charges both buyers and sellers. Buyers pay a processing fee of $1 for orders of up to $20 and a 5% for orders above $20. Buyers who purchase seller's gig must pay Fiverr in advance.
For sellers, Fiverr charges a 20% fee for completed work. For instance, if you complete work that you are charging $100, $20 will be the fees while you will receive $80.
Buyers can withdraw their earnings using different methods. Among them:
- Direct deposits to a bank account. Currently available for US sellers only.
- Bank transfers
- Fiverr revenue card
Fiverr Refund Policy
Fiverr has a refund policy whereby the entire amount will be reimbursed to the buyer's payment method if the seller does not deliver quality work. However, in case of a dispute, you can use the dispute resolution tool.
Read also: Upwork reviews.
There are many advantages of using a Fiverr account. Among them are:
- There are many gigs from which you can hire a variety of skills. Through gigs, you can get the most qualified seller.
- Great possibilities to earn. Fiverr is one service that can help you make a lot of earnings. You can set package fees to as high as $995.
- Work as you wish. On Fiverr, you can work as much as you want or as less as you wish. You are in control of how much you can work.
- You can set your prices. On Fiverr, you can sell your services by setting your prices on gigs.
- Service fees. Fiverr charges $5 for a buyer as upfront fees. This is unlike most of its competitors that do not charge buyers.
- It is challenging to get started. It is challenging for new sellers that are trying to sell their services for the first time. Building yourself a name is also challenging.
- It takes time to start earning much. To get buyers when starting on Fiverr, you need to start by charging low fees. As you climb up the levels, you can increase the prices.