Through Amazon Mechanical Turk, you can easily make money online from home. Amazon Mechanical Turk is a marketplace where businesses and individuals outsource workers for virtual jobs. HIT workers can work remotely from their homes, while they can also work on a part-time basis. You can build your Amazon Mechanical Turk portfolio and start making meaningful income online.
Once you have successfully completed a HIT and the client has approved it, you will get paid through a bank deposit or Amazon.com gift card. The following is Amazon Mechanical Turk review and how you can make money online.
What is Amazon Mechanical Turk?
Amazon Mechanical Turk is a marketplace where individuals and businesses can outsource labor from virtual workers. There are a wide variety of virtual jobs like research, data entry and surveys. Through Amazon Mechanical Turk, businesses and individuals are able to convert time-consuming projects into small and manageable tasks.
What is HIT? Tasks that are posted on Amazon Mechanical Turk are called Human Intelligence Tasks (HIT). The people who post these tasks are called “Requesters”.
Amazon Mechanical Turk Eligibility
To be eligible for Amazon Mechanical Turk, you need to be 18 years old and have the skills that the Requesters are looking for. The device you are using needs to be connected to the internet.
How Does Amazon Mechanical Turk Work
Amazon Mechanical Turk lists HIT jobs and workers can browse through the tasks and pick the ones they are qualified to complete. Before Requesters can submit HITs on the Amazon MTurk marketplace, they must prepay. Requesters can use a credit or debit card to prepay. Amazon MTurk fees are automatically deducted from the Requester’s prepaid HIT balance after approving a HIT.
Once the Amazon MTurk worker has completed a HIT, he needs to submit it. The Requester has 30 days to approve the HIT. Once approved, the earnings will reflect on HIT worker's Amazon MTurk dashboard. You can get paid through direct deposit or Amazon.com gift card.
There is a limit to how many HITs you can complete in a day. You can choose well-paying HITs so that you can get higher hourly rates. Both US and non-US citizens can browse and complete Amazon Mechanical Turk jobs.
To start working at Amazon Mechanical Turk, you need to go through an identity verification process. You must submit your social security number and tax information. The tax information varies from one country to the other.
Read more: Best freelance websites for beginners.
How to Become an Amazon Mechanical Turk Worker
To become an Amazon Mechanical Turk HIT worker, you need to first create an account at the Amazon Mechanical Turk website. You need to provide your full name, email address, and country of residence. After that, create a strong and secure password.
You need to add your bank account details and billing address for payment purposes. You must wait for Amazon to approve or decline your account. It takes three business days. You can also add other details like education qualifications to increase your chances of getting Amazon Mechanical Turk jobs.
After your Amazon Mechanical Turk account has been approved, you can start applying for HITs on the platform. When you are just starting, your hourly rate can be below $1. Try to do more tasks so that you are eligible for higher-paying HITs.
Once you have completed it, you need to submit HITs for approval. If the Requester approves the HIT, you get paid. The Request has up to 30 days to approve HIT submissions. Once approved, you will be paid through a bank direct deposit or Amazon.com gift card.
How to Get Paid on Amazon Mechanical Turk
Amazon mturk salary is processed once Amazon Mechanical Turk worker has completed a HIT and the Requester has approved the submitted HIT. Once the requester has approved a HIT, your earnings will automatically display on your Amazon Mechanical Turk account dashboard.
Amazon Mechanical Turk pays in US dollars or Amazon.com gift cards. You can then transfer your earnings from your account to your preferred payment method. For new workers, there is a holding period of 10 days after submitting your first HIT before your earnings can be transferred to your earnings balance. After that, you can transfer funds from your Amazon Mechanical Turk account.
You can schedule Amazon Mechanical Turk payments after every 3, 7, 14, or 30 days. Amazon Mechanical Turk uses only two disbursement methods; a U.S bank transfer or Amazon.com gift card.
Amazon MTurk Workers Approved Countries
Currently, Requesters and HIT workers from the following 43 countries can sign up for an account at MTurk.
- America: Barbados, Canada, French Guiana, Guadeloupe, Martinique, United States, and US Virgin Islands.
- Africa: Botswana, South Africa, Reunion, and Mayotte.
- Asia-Pacific: Australia, French Polynesia, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Qatar, Singapore, and Taiwan.
- Europe: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland Germany, France, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland Norway, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Slovenia, Portugal, Switzerland, and United Kingdom.
Amazon Mechanical Turk Fees
You can expect the following charges on Amazon Mechanical Turk.
- 20% fee of the amount and bonus you pay workers.
- 20% additional fees for HITs with 10 or more assignments on the reward you pay workers.
The minimum fee is $0.01.
Pros of Working at Amazon Mechanical Turk
- You can work remotely from home
- You can work on a part-time basis
- You don’t need a formal education to start earning
- Wide variety of data analysis and plentiful of virtual jobs
Cons of Working at Amazon Mechanical Turk
- Low pay rates
- High competition
- Long review period before Requesters can approve HIT submissions
- Long qualification process
Tips on How to Become a Successful Amazon Mechanical Turk Worker
If you are a novice, you need to make use of the following tips to become a successful Amazon Turk Worker.
- Submit HITs on time. This will help you get a high approval rate that will increase your chances of getting HITs.
- Gain a wide variety of technical skills. If you have a variety of technical skills, it increases your chances of landing more tasks.
- Do sample tasks and improve your computer skills. Once you have polished your computer skills, you can submit high-quality HITs. You can start by doing low-paying tasks and sample tests to build your portfolio.
- Check Amazon MTurk account daily. You need to keep checking for new HIT postings frequently to land high-paying HITs.
Amazon Mechanical Turk Earnings
On average, a HIT worker on Amazon Mechanical Turk earns between $1 and $6 per hour. Some Requesters pay as high as $11 per hour for some high paying tasks. To start earning meaningful income, you need to have a variety of technical skills and improve your computer skills.